What to keep from 2013

17:29

Seen as though we have pretty much spirited our way through 2013 and have somehow arrived in 2014, lets kick off this 30 day blog challenge with 'What you should keep from 2013'.

Due to last year going so quickly, you may feel as though you are behind the times a little bit when it comes to what to wear.

You may be the guy thats wants to wear what he has seen on the latest catwalks but sometimes you have to think 'If it still looks good, why not wear it?' Who cares if it was part of an AW13 collection! I have loads of stuff from winter last year that I am certainly not going to give up just because i bought them last year.

For example Camel coats where part of AW12 and they are still flying off the shelves.

You should always want to stand out from the crowd with your own subtle style and sometimes wearing an old piece can just do that!


1. Denim Jackets

I remember buying my first denim jacket back in autumn 2012 just before I set off for university and thinking 'Christ can I pull this off?'

The one I bought was a light wash denim, very jazzy! At this time the denim jacket had just started to break it way back into the high street.

I have worn my denim in every season. In autumn and winter I wear it it dark dark jeans, casual dark flannel checked shirt and a light plain tee underneath and boots. Sometimes if it really cold you can throw a pea coat over it and it blends in well (make sure its a dark coat).

 In summer and light tee, polo or lightweight flowery shirt with chinos or shorts and boats shoes and you are good to go.



Topman                  Source unknown                        Asos


2. Patterned Shirts

 If you want to add a bit of something that will make you stand out patterned shirts are the one!

If you are going to wear a real eye catcher make sure that is the only thing you wear that will stand out. Keep everything else simple.

If you are going to wear something like a red and blue paisley wear it with dark jeans and a pea coat. Or if you want to wear one to the office, try a polka dot shirt with a grey and navy suit it allows your shirt to take centre stage.

Nick Wooster is great with bold colours. He wears dark suits with bright yellow shoes. You're thinking 'What!?!' but trust me this man pulls.it.off!


Clockwise from top left - Paul Smith, Unknown, All Saints, Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl)




3. Boots

There is not much I can say about boots other then...I love them! I love them whether they are chelsea boots, biker boots or another kind of boots. Other than ugg boots!

In early 2013 boots were everywhere thanks to our delightful weather.

Chelsea boots are huge right now especially suede, although dark tan leather ones were on many peoples feet this year at Mens London Fashion Week.

Boots can be worn on all occasions and more recently with suits. Being a student I tend to wear mine very casually. Mainly with things such as dark or black skinny fit jeans, loose tee shirt and checked flannel shirts with a coat or jacket over the top.

Don't just stick with the conventional boot mix it up with brogue or leather walking style boots.

When wearing boots, mainly chelsea boots, I like to see what Harry Styles wears his as I am pretty sure he sleeps in chelsea boots. He is always wearing them!


Harry Styles                                Prada*                                 All Saints



These are a few of the things I think you should most definitely keep from 2013. Don't always let the catwalks dictate what you think you should wear.

As always I would like to hear from you. Do you guys think I have missed anything? What else are you going to keep wearing from 2013? Or am I completely wrong?

Don't forget to email or tweet me and we now have Instagram-@Mens_Trends1.

Sam

*property of GQ Magazine. If you wish for me to take it down do not hesitate to contact me.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

MensTrends. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images